Thursday, March 25, 2010

120Hz TVs and NVidia Forums

Been trawling through sites for information about 3D.

Glasses won't work with a 120Hz TV apparently: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2368&p_created=1233880927&p_sid=IDrlJFXj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzUsNzUmcF9wcm9kcz0xMzImcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0xLjEzMiZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

I decided to sign up an account over at the NVidia forums as well, seeing as I got the glasses now. Figured I should check out the information in the community that's available and see how it goes.

I threw up a post earlier to ask if anyone has actually experimented with the 3D glasses, monitor and maya and would like to know what results they got. So far, there's 3D support for "Gaming, Applications, Movies and Pictures". Depending on which way I develop my project it can either be put into a gaming engine that is supported by DirectX 10 or I can try and do it as a 3D Movie (example) and use the NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Movie player.

Also, I'll need to address presenting methods...

Below is a list of the displays available with support: [http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_faq_uk.html]

3D Vision-Ready Displays

1920x1080 Desktop Displays
  • ACER GD245HQ 120 Hz LCD display
  • ACER GD235HZ 120 Hz LCD display
  • Alienware OptX AW2310 120 Hz LCD display
1680x1050 Desktop Displays
  • Samsung® SyncMaster 2233RZ 120 Hz LCD display
  • ViewSonic® FuHzion™ VX2265wm 120 Hz LCD display
  • ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm 120 Hz LCD display
  • 100 Hz and higher analog CRTs
HDTVs
  • Mitsubishi® 1080p DLP® Home Theater TV: WD-57833, WD-60735, WD-60737, WD-60C8, WD-60C9, WD-65735, WD-65736, WD-65737, WD-65C8, WD-65C9, WD-65833, WD-65835, WD-65837, WD-73735, WD-73736, WD-73737, WD-73833, WD-73835, WD-73837, WD-73C8, WD-73C9, WD-82737, WD-82837, L65-A90
  • Mitsubishi 1080p LaserVue TV: L65-A90
  • Generic DLP HDTV mode
Projectors
  • Acer X1130P
  • Acer X1261
  • Acer H5360
  • DepthQ® HD 3D Projector by LightSpeed Design, Inc.
  • DQ-3120 by LightSpeed Design, Inc.
  • ViewSonic PJD-6210-3D
  • ViewSonic PJD-6220-3D
  • ViewSonic PJD-PJD5351-3D
  • ViewSonic PJD-PJD5111-3D

I remember Ian mentioning about the 3D Projectors, but I can't remember the model he was looking at. The monitor however I was looking at is the AlienWare AW2310 ... Acer, after my dangerously bad run of a dodgy laptop though, I try to avoid unless there is more then a year warranty available. (The laptop spent more time being repaired then in my possession, in the end everything bar the case and screen were replaced and it was found out that it was missing some heatsink or cooling device or whatever...)

Anywho, enough updates for me. Sleep time now.

1 comment:

  1. =( Blogger timed out on me and wouldn't let me post this with the outgoing links for each of the 3D displays, so those have been removed now

    ReplyDelete