Monday, March 1, 2010

Google Building Maker

After posting up a few entries and going through some notes, I remember Ian mentioning Google Building Maker, so for a bit of fun and playing around, I decided to give it a go.

First installed the Google Earth plugin, then the Building Maker Plug in (links can be followed from here: http://sketchup.google.com/ then click "Make buildings for Google Earth")

Wanting to do some buildings for Australia (was honestly hoping for Townsville, but only Melbourne is available), went in and selected the city, then randomly picked some buildings.

City View

(Oh, and if you do this, have a reliable connection - mine isn't too bad at home, but there was a delay of a few sections every time I zoomed in)

Select Your Building:


Model it - (not as easy as they make it out to be in the video)

Preview:

... Not a bad program for a web based application. I do like the idea of it. It's pretty cool to have 3D maps of areas, and gives me a little insight into some ideas I can play around with for my own project.

Recommend to have a look at it if anyone is interested.

Enough for now though. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment