I just did some backdated entries just then from my notes, but not in great depth (haven't gone back through the audio yet, just put the template information there) and I still gotta throw up the entry for the meeting with Gianna.
I hoping this week I can at least get some work done on the project proposal to have ready to hand in before I'm down in Brisbane, and also have the papers selected. Bruce gave a lecture about how to present the papers and it was an interesting experience, though I would certainly like to see further methods and presentations of papers. I can't remember what the time given for the presentations are, I think it's about 20 minutes. Maybe more. I gotta double check that.
Was supposed to have Japanese classes earlier, but they got cancelled, so figured I'd do a few entries before heading off for an early night.
Once the project proposal is done, I want to go up to Paluma sometime, or even go to the Palmetum to look at the trees and start exploring modelling approaches for those. I may have already discussed this on here (I can't keep track of what I've said here, or out in the real world), but looking at different methods.
- High resolution trees with details on leaves, using particle generators for the leaves
- Medium resolution trees with general shape of tree, minimal leaves detail
- Low resolution trees, very basic shape, possibly even two 2D images crossed over each other in a cross section such as + when viewing from top
Different ideas there. I'd also like to have a look at the environment at which to model the trees upon, looking at the geography of the place and figuring out what kind of software will be required to accomplish that task.
I had a look at some of the student version of the software. I was looking at the Adobe Masters Suite and the commercial edition is $4599 whereas student edition is $599, so may look into getting that for doing my video editing and blueprints for my models. Main programs I'd be looking at is Photoshop and Premiere, though I may consider DreamWeaver to use for the website creation abilities to host some actual in depth views of the project. Maya and 3DS Max is still an option to look at, so must look into that.
Ideas of resources for project proposal anyway.
Just some thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment