Everything went via video link which was rather convenient, though not really helping in trying to pick apart at IT and Science (I'm in the Humanities and Social Sciences group) when they can argue that without IT the debate wouldn't even be possible via long distance.
It is rather interesting though to see IT from an outsiders perspective. It is always viewed as being the 'saviour' per say of making our lives more convenient, though looking at going against it, there are so many flaws within IT. People become reliant upon it and when it fails, it can even cause casualties (railway accidents, aircraft disasters, Chernobyl, etc).
So we have that to present on Tuesday. I'm going to have to sit down and watch some previous debates as I've never done a debate before so I'm not entirely sure on etiquette. I'm looking at going for an informal/comical approach, but shall see how that pans out.
In another topic, I'm going to start this Project Proposal. Didn't get a meeting yesterday, couldn't find Ian, plus I'll need to do some catch up with Gianna seeing as a meeting was missed last week as well. Ethics I think I have an idea of, had a good chat with Murray on Thursday regarding ethics so got some lead in that. The Proposal I'm going to have to complete ASAP as looking at the date, I'm running out of time very quickly.
I may also need to contact the JCU Brisbane regarding video conferencing between campuses so that I can see if it's possible so I don't miss my Thursday or Tuesday class. Not sure if it can happen, but either way, my lecturers know that I'll be missing and I've arranged to do things either in advance or during lecture recess.
Plan for this afternoon:
- Catch up on blog entries
- Start Project Proposal
No comments:
Post a Comment