Also got an EEE PC (1005P) yesterday. Battery life on it - FANTASTIC! Have yet to charge it again, but has lasted the whole plane ride (playing movies) and about an hour of surfing on wireless while doing a system backup - and it's still going. (With four hours more to go apparently)
I read through the following paper while on the plane: http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=833826
Nifty stuff. It's a paper from 1995 and basically talks about Virtual Geographical Information Systems and how it could be used for military operations. At the time, they only had 2D visualisations and the concept of creating it in 3D was very new. Now, its something you can see in pretty much any game. Call of Duty for instance, mini map with building views that corresponds to the surrounding environment.
I've still yet to 'decide' on two other papers for my review. I had two others I was looking at (links in a previous blog) but I found them not to be exactly what I'm looking for. One was about immersive interaction techniques, the other was about 3D Map Building with Stereo Vision. I need to read that second paper more in depth as the maths in there really throws me off so I only really skimmed read it..
I may have mentioned this already but I would really like to get a paper about the 'experience' a person gets out of immersive technology compared to standard viewing, still yet to find anything.
Also have to finish off my thesis proposal draft tomorrow and get that sent off. Hopefully will get that done tomorrow between everything else that's happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment