Sunday, February 28, 2010

Updates - Weekend Tasks

So, first weekend after being back at uni now.

I'm starting to think that maybe it's a good idea I'm not going to be working four days at work, considering I didn't get as much as I would hope done over the weekend. Worked both Saturday and Sunday, so I think for future, I'll have to pick either Monday or Wednesday (days I have nothing on at uni) to be my Work-on-Honours-Project-Day. Still need to do work on one of the other days though. Three days of work isn't so bad.

Anyway, tasks that were set to be completed over the weekend:
  1. Update this blog every single day <-- Done, sorta, some backlogged entries in there
  2. Throw up entries with notes from meeting and from class <-- Meeting notes done, class notes not done
  3. Read through the report/thesis that Ian gave me <-- got up to page 4 or 5...
  4. Understand it, pay attention to detail, style - completely different style, not narrative, is informative <-- see above
  5. Prepare papers to read for literature review (remember to mention this on Tuesday supervisor meeting) <-- To do on Tuesday
  6. Research Proposal - Why is this being done? What do I hope to achieve? <-- ...
Didn't get as much as I hoped I would. It's so damn distracting at home, I think I may head out to the uni early on either Thursday or Friday and just sit in the labs to do work on my project and start on the project proposal.

I ended up getting in contact with Bruce to let him know that I'll be in Brisbane over April, so I'm missing two presentations I think. Ideally, I want to get the presentations finished early, so (hopefully) I can present before I go. Otherwise, Bruce has agreed to do them when I get back. Still, I'd prefer to be ahead rather then behind.

The wiki on the project home page I've been neglecting. I started doing some work on it Saturday night (technically, Sunday, early, early morning) and fell asleep part way through. Currently, I can only seem to work during night when most of the family is asleep.

New To-Do-List:
  1. Update this blog every single day
  2. Throw up entries with notes from class
  3. Continue reading through the report/thesis that Ian gave me
  4. Understand it, pay attention to detail, style - completely different style, not narrative, is informative
  5. Prepare papers to read for literature review (remember to mention this on Tuesday supervisor meeting)
  6. Research Proposal - Why is this being done? What do I hope to achieve?
  7. Look at modelling approaches
  8. Update project Wiki, fill with relevant information
  9. Update project sources, particularly sites mentioned in posts here
See how that goes anyway.

1 comment:

  1. In reference to the question "Why is this being done?" for the project proposal, it's not a question of *why* the 'Research Proposal' is being done, but rather *why* is the actual project itself being done?

    How to justify it?

    Note to self: Try to make questions clear when writing entries.

    ReplyDelete